Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Freedom!

Boynton Beach Club (2005) = 6/10. At the end of the day (man, I hate that phrase), I'm still a little weirded out by people over the age of 70 dating and (gasp!) having sex. But it did have fine moments.

Reno 911!: Miami (2007) = 6.5/10. All immature potty humor, but I laughed quite a bit. Doug loved it.

Lady in the Water (2006) = 4/10. I mean, it was ok, but I can't seem to ever really get into fairytale-like stories. I did not know, however, that M. Night Shyamalan was so hot! I might need to watch more thriller/horror movies now.

Jesus Camp (2006) = 9/10. I really don't even know where to begin with this one. So, I won't. Much has already been written on this movie. I can add my own anecdotal feeling, though. There was one summer in my life when I was around a genuine pervert. I was about 11 and my family was staying for the summer at my grandparents' motel. The man was named Mike. He was the motel handyman for the summer. My dad later told that Mike was sent to jail for raping boys or some such. As I remember him, Mike was super nice and was fun to be around. But whenever adults weren't around (which was practically never and only for less than 5 minutes at a time), he would look around suspiciously, touch/rub the side of my face and then say things like "you are so beautiful." I always brushed his hand away and told him to stop...that it felt weird. The weird feeling was an actual physical feeling somewhere in my gut. It felt like a cross between needing to puke and having nervous butterflies in your tummy. I have now renamed this odd physical feeling my "child molester button." And it's worked on several other occasions. Child molester button goes on, I run away from person and then later find out person was a very bad person. Anywho, Mike never did anything to me. That same exact child molester button was turned on the entire time I watched this movie. I felt sick. Perhaps I should rename it to "children being exploited button."


Today, I celebrate our freedom. As of July 2, The new Reynolds Family is completely, utterly, totally debt free. I paid off my car.

Fine, if you want to be all technical about it, Doug's money paid off my car. In my defense, it was only $1700. Sigh...

No one ever let me buy a new car again. They're horrible investments!

The car does drive a little different now, though. Maybe that's just because all of the garage sale stuff in the trunk that I took to my mom's today.

1 comment:

Amanda Z said...

I thought you were going to say that the Mike guy was IN the movie. Because William actually saw that one lady that runs the camp, Becky Fisher, at a thrift store in Tulsa, and she was evangelizing to him. Fun.