Sunday, September 02, 2007

The Beginning, the Lobster, and the End of the Big Bank (for me, anyway)

The Last Kiss (2006) = 2.5/10. I hated this so much because it has multiple people who just need to GROW UP and deal with the CHOICES they've made in life. And that annoyed me because my real life is not lacking in the same type of people. It's true, I secretly want to yell "STFU, grow up, deal with your issue(s), get over it, then have a happy happy life!" to many people. But see how that all works out? Instead, I have to listen to you moan about the same issue(s) for years and not do a darn thing about it. I'm still supportive and positive, but inside my thoughts are that above. Shhh...don't tell.

The Holiday (2006) = 8/10. Yeah, I know I gave it a super high rating, but this is a completely perfect chick flick movie. It has ALL the essential elements PLUS some new ones. Loved it!

Little Miss Sunshine (2006) = 8/10. The person who recommended I watch this was totally right. I guffawed all the way through. I don't think I could ever deal with a dead body in the same vehicle with me. That's something that tends to happen a lot in the movies I watch.

Deliver Us From Evil (2006) = 8.5/10. I lose respect for churches on nearly a daily basis with all of this crap happening. And other reasons, of course. If you are or ever were a Catholic, you should watch this.

Confetti (2006) = 3/10. There is a lot of nudity in this. It's just probably not the kind you'd want to see. Creative storyline, though.

National Lampoon's Animal House (1978) = 7/10. Can you believe I've never seen this? Not bad, not bad.

The run-down:

* I went to Red Lobster (because it was close to free!) last week with my hubby and we decided to split an Ultimate Feast. It had lobster on it. I've never had lobster. I tried it. With butter. And it tasted a whole lot like...crayon. But see, I was mature about trying something new and all. And blech, it's a bottom-feeder! (Or at least I think it is.)

*The role of supportive sister/wife/daughter continues nearly every Friday from now until close to Christmas:


08-31-2007 Football F


08-31-2007 Football B

Clicky-pop for brother identification.

* I've been spoiled by ING Direct. Except for a home mortgage, I don't see much reason to use a brick and mortar bank or credit union (sorry to the one who earns a living via a traditional bank). Anyway, I highly recommend putting your stagnant 1% savings account (the emergency fund in our case) into a much higher interest-earning account. I know I could have got higher interest, but the whole thing was voodoo a few months ago to me and they'd been around the longest.

No comments: