Saturday, December 10, 2005

I Just Can't Have Nice Things (1)

Marche de l'empereur, La (March of the Penguins) = 7.5/10. Pretty amazing footage. It would suck to be a penguin.

Cidade de Deus (City of God) = 6.5/10. As of this writring, this movie was ranked at #20 on IMDB. Apparently I'm the only one who didn't find this movie "completely stunning" or "amazing." I think this is the most violent movie I have ever seen in my life. It could also be titled "What happens when you give guns to kids in slums." If you watch it, make sure you're not eating for the first 10 minutes of it. I had just eaten some Mexican chorizo and the chickens at the beginning almost made me puke.

A few months back I complained about my eyeshadow constantly creasing. Nearly perfect solution: Urban Decay Primer Potion. About two months ago, I ran out of Primer Potion. At that time, Ulta, Sephora, and Urban Decay were completely out of stock. I was desperate. So, I tried what I thought might be the next best thing: Smashbox Lid & Lip Primer. WRONG! When I have no primer on my face (foundation included), my eyeshadow would stay put for about 4 hours before creasing set in. With Smashbox's Lid & Lip Primer that claims to "challenge any eyeshadow to fade, bleed, or crease before its time," the non-crease time went from 4 hours to 2. Apparently "before its time" is two hours. Lip & Lip Primer was basically an expensive glorified version of stick concealer (kinda like this stuff). It was difficult to spread on my eyelids, either dragging across the delicate skin or gooping on in some places. Then, I would have to smooth it out with my fingers. I actually returned this to Sephora citing "product not as expected" as my reason code. I can't speak much for the lip primer as I rarely ever wear anything on my lips.

On Thursday, I noticed that the Urban Decay website no longer said the primer potion was out of stock. I immediately purchased three bottles of the stuff. Shipping is only $1 and there's seemingly no tax. I got a call on my answering maching Friday from Urban Decay saying they had a question with my order. I have no idea what that might mean, but I might have a heart attack it they tell me they were kidding and they no longer sell primer potion.

No comments: