Friday, September 05, 2008

He Gets Around

So I'm at a restaurant with my newish friend Melody tonight and I start in with some of my favorite tales of "silly men dated/horrible dates endured." Because that's what we girls DO when you boys aren't around. Or at least that's what I do because I have a few outlandish tales.

I'm nearing the end of the one that starts "I met him in a college class for teachers. At the time, he wanted to be a middle school Social Studies teacher" and ends with "and he said "there IS no state called West Virginia.'" I go on to tell her that he didn't become a teacher because he failed to pass all of the certification exams and that, last I heard, he was in a Master's degree program doing some psychology program.

And that's when I saw the familiar knowing eye. Melody furrows her brows and says, "Wait, is he like way tall and did he lose a bunch of weight at some point?"

Oy!

For those keeping track, this is the second girl I have befriended in the last 18 months that went on a date with this guy. This town isn't THAT small. But spilling Dr. Pepper on my jeans on a first date remains funny, so I will continue to tell the tale.

No comments: