Saturday, March 12, 2005

I am a sucker

Those of you who know me are aware of the fact that I'm a big time coupon/frugal person. So much so that I love this guy. Sometimes the frugality backfires. I'm on probably 10 snail mail lists that send me coupons for probably 10 stores. Aveda is a good one to be on because they send you coupons for free samples pretty much at the rate of one sample/1.5-2 months. Good stuff! I don't generally shop much at Bath & Body Works but I am on their mailing list because once every 3 months or so they send you coupons and freebies. This time I got a coupon for this stuff with any purchase. So a $2.50 tube of the aforementioned Burt's Bees lip balm and a $20 bottle of the facial lotion later, I'm out of there. Good deal! Something that cost $20 for free. My kind of deal. Except that it's backfired on me: I LOVE this face lotion! So much that I think I'll have to make it my winter face lotion. Those tricky tricky marketing people! This has happened one other time, too. I was sent a Mach 3 men's razor by P&G in the mail about a year ago and I made it my regular razor because it was better than the girlie one I was currently using. At least my sucker-ability limits itself to the cheaper things in life. Then again, it's not like marketing people are sending me Manolos in the mail for me to get hooked on. And I can't really afford those so it all works out.

In other news, I'm getting my first new car today. Hopefully.

No comments: