Monday, March 07, 2005

Minty fresh

I'll get around to updating the icky pinkness of the site just as soon as I learn html. And that was nearly 7 years ago. Might be a while

I don't like mint. In fact, when forced to brush my teeth with mint-flavoured paste, I usually end up gagging. So, I was astounded at myself when I was introduced to Aveda's Rosemary Mint shampoo a year ago and Burt's Bees Lip Balm yesterday. Both contain peppermint oil; both make my head/lips tingle and feel cool. Maybe the good feelings of head/lip tingle completely override the ickyness of mint. Or maybe I'm just growing up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah...I use (and am hooked on) the Origins mint shampoo after a sort of sample AND Burt's Bees (still the best lip balm, and Burt is really a woman FYI), but suggestion for you: The new vanilla mint toothpaste. It's FABULOUS! Do you actually read these comments when they are posted so long after the fact?

Rachel said...

Yes, I DO read these comments! I have my account set up such that any time a comment if left, I get an email. :) And, I already use the Vanilla Mint toothpaste. It's the only form of mint I've been able to not gag with. I also think it's fan-tab-u-lous!

Anonymous said...

I hate mint too. Over the years I've gotten used to minty toothpaste and can usually keep from gagging - no small feat. Aquafresh seems to have a mild taste, so that's what I use. Glad to know I'm not the only person who has issues with mint. :)