Saturday, March 19, 2005

My butterfingers

When I graduated from high school, Mag gie gave our little group of 4 friends some earrings. I'm not much of a jewelry person, but these things are perfect for me becasue they're small enough that I can leave them on pretty much non-stop (yes, I clean them) and they don't poke my ears when I sleep. And they go with anything. Since graduation I've lost one earring literally 5 times. No biggie, you take it to James Avery, give them the extra earring and they'll sell you a new pair for ½ price.

This morning, I dropped one of them and you just never find it because it's so small. Shelby (my 6 pound b&t min pin) found it...and promptly ate it. ARRRRGH! And the thing is, I have her trained to drop whatever is in her mouth on command and I just didn't catch her in time. It was on the way down her throat already. And the earrings are now $30 instead of $20.

No comments: