Tuesday, March 22, 2005

My Dad's Innocence

It's my brother Geoffrey's birthday and do I have a present for him? Not yet. Will I see him tonight even? No again. But I'll be at a worthwhile cause, so it's all good. I can't believe he's 14 already. And taller than me. And weighs more. I can't really use the "I'm your big sister and if you don't do it, I'll beat you up" threat anymore. DOH! And it's looking like in a few years I might not even be able to use my brain power because he's probably smarter than me.


I was in charge of buying wedding gifts for my cousin Maggie (NOT Est(r)ella's Prophecies) and I called my mom to tell her that I had purchased the duvet set on the registry like she wanted. My dad called 5 mintues later and this is the conversation that took place:

Dad: What? You went to Bed Bath and Beyond to get her a bidet?
Me: No, Dad, a DUvet.
D: Are we going to have to install it in her house?
M: No, a duvet is something that goes on your bed, like a comforter.
D: Yeah, I know what a duvet is, but do we have to install the bidet in her house?
M: Stop being silly, dad! Hey, you know what?
D: What's that?
M: Ya know what you can DO on a duvet?
D: What's that, goose?
M: Why, tada la fill, of course.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

oh my god. geoff is 14. i remember in (i wanna say) 5th grade getting a phone call from you while i was in the shower. you were like, "i have a little brother!" and we changed their diapers! and he ate josh's belly button! and now he's 14!! i don't believe it!

Anonymous said...

He ATE someone's belly button? Yucky! So, who is installing the bidet again?