Friday, September 30, 2005

Bad Mommy!

Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels = ?/10. Doug and I tried to watch this a few Sundays ago and made it about an hour. At that point, I still had no idea what was going on (common for me). I asked him a few days ago if he wanted to watch the last hour with me, and he didn't. That means he did like it/get it, either. Apparently I'm the only one who didn't dig this movie because it's rated quite high on IMDB.

The family + Doug didn't make it to Casa Bonita last night. Dad called me and told me that the line was around the building and that he didn't want to eat there that bad. So, we ended up at The Farm Mazzio's instead. Dad was completely amazed that, through the goodness of my coupon/deal craze, I managed to feed 6 people for $20.50. Buy one large pizza, get one free + four free drinks with a permanent coupon from the mail. Then my mom got a salad bar.

I was very glad that my dad asked me to bring the camera yesterday because on the way to work I saw two very wrong things.

This is redneck. Itjustis!


I see things like this all of the time around Oklahoma. And I'm not trying to disrespect the dead or anything. What happened was tragic and I'm a little bit ok with the bumper stickers paying homage to Dale (This truck has one on his back glass, but it might be hard to see). Let me put this in perspective for you. If, God forbid, Reese Witherspoon or Jennifer Weiner died today, I would not have my license plate say RWITHER or JWEINER anthing like that. And I adore those chicks. The only time this license plate might be acceptable would be if this person was a family member. However, I doubt that a family member would want a constant reminder of the tragedy. Thus, I'm filing this in the Oklahoma redneck category.

#2: I took this out of my side window, so that's why it's a little on the blurry side. I was driving to work and this car was sitting at the stoplight at 71st & Sheridan going westbound. What's wrong with this picture?


If you do this, you are a BAD MOTHER! End of discussion.

2 comments:

Amanda Z said...

I can't really tell what's going on in that picture except that the little girl doesn't appear to be buckled up at all... Am I missing something worse or is that what you are referring to?

Rachel said...

Good job, Amanda. Both kids can't be buckled up sitting that far up. This is probably a common thing that happens, but it is very wrong!