Saturday, October 01, 2005

Rich nuts

Duplex = 7/10. Overall, very cute. There were some parts that really grossed me out.

Un long dimanche de fiançailles (A Very Long Engagmenet) = 8/10. Very beautifully done. It seems like most French movies I watch do these very odd "If, then" scenarios. For instance, in this movie Mathilde says something along the lines of "If the apple peel is still in one piece after I peel it, then Manech is alive." Maybe it's some cultural thing.

Friday the mentee and I went out to dinner to the original Weber's. Yum! On the way back, I decided to take her for a drive around Philbrook, Woodward Park, and Swan Lake to see if she might want to go to the first two places together at some point. The houses in this area of town are older houses with very mature trees. They're relatively mansion/estate-like, too. A squirrel ran in front of my humble Civic.

Mentee: We sure have seen lots uh squirrels 'round this neighborhood.

Me: I know. We've seen like 5 since we turned off of the main road. Can you think of any idea why that might be?

Mentee: No, why?

Me: It probably has something to do with the fact that the trees are huge here and maybe they make more food or something. That's my best guess.

Mentee: Do you think rich people nuts taste better or something?

I couldn't help but laugh a little.

Having never tasted rich nuts, I cannot say.

No comments: