Tuesday, June 06, 2006

PTL

Wilbur Wants to Kill Himself (2002) = 6/10. Should be named "Will want to kill yourself." No, it wasn't really that depressing, but...there were a few things that made watching this film difficult:

1) No subtitles! No captions! Which would be fine except...,

2) The film location is Denmark/Scotland and the actors are mainly Danish or from the UK. Heavy accents + no subtitles/caption = Rachel only understanding 70-80% of the words spoken.

I noticed that the DVD said Netflix stamped on it. And on the menu screen, the Netflix logo also appeared in the corner. I'm not exactly sure what that means.


I'm also not really sure why I said "more on the wedding later" because there really wasn't anything earth-shattering to tell about that excursion. My first and only college roommate (my first 1.5 semesters at ECU until I moved back home after a prolonged illness) Dani got married. I recognized her maid of honor who also attended the same college for a time. I also recognized Dani's mother (primarily because she looks nearly identical to Dani), but no one else.

And so it begins again...

Monday marked Doug's second summer of graduate classes at OU in Norman. Two hours away. He comes back on weekends, so it's at least tolerable. I joked with him a few weeks ago that once he left for school, I could start singing him Stevie Wonder's "Part-time Lover."* He couldn't recall the song, so my attempted humor was nearly lost.


*Looking at the song's lyrics proves that really only the title is relevant. Still slightly amusing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man. I'm glad I didn't watch Wilbur with you. I told you all your DVDs are depressing.

How's the toilet?