Saturday, October 07, 2006

Blockbuster Woes

I check my email this afternoon and find that Blockbuster has shipped a movie. Oh boy oh boy, what could it be?



Well, that's great...exept for the fact that is wasn't IN my queue!!!

Proof is in line three:




See...I (and by "I" I mean Geoffrey) already HAD this movie back in April/May. Why would I requeue a movie? Furthermore, when I went through my queue after I restarted my account, it wasn't on there. Very weird.

Oh yeah, they'll hear about this one.

~~~~~~
And they did...and their answer sucks:

Hello Rachel,

Thanks for contacting BLOCKBUSTER Online Customer Care.

I am sorry to hear that we have shipped you a movie which you already rented last April. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, Rachel. Please be informed that once an issue has been reported and a title was opted to be resent, that particular title will automatically be allocated for shipment when a slot is freed in your shipped movies list and the title becomes available again. Unfortunately, this movie which was shipped to you took up one place in your queue or shipment in your plan.

I hope I have provided you with the information you needed, Rachel. Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.


Sincerely,

Ira
Customer Care Associate
BLOCKBUSTER Online




*Sigh* I'm tellin' you, I did NOT put that movie back in my queue. But it's not like I can prove that, so I'll just have to drop the issue. I am very impressed by the fact that I contacted them at 12:30 AM CST and my response was in my inbox 36 minutes later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

too bad, but Blockbuster has a stated policy of "full unless cleared" for their want lists, otherwise known as the imfamous FUC queue. No wonder they don't care....

Rachel said...

Leave it to my uncle to make a joke out of the most mundane of situations, things, etc. That's why I love him. Well, that and the fact there's always Dove chocolate around their place.