Sketches of Frank Gehry (2005) = 6/10. I'm not an artsy person, but I really enjoy learning about architecture. And I love this guy's work! The overall documentary itself was a little boring, though.
Peek-a-boo! Here I am!
A few devoted readers asked where the heck I've been. I'm here, but my life currently provides little usable entertaining blog material. 90% of the current life I'm living revolves around four things: A) sleep, B) work, C) working out D) wedding planning.
A & C provide little entertainment value. B provides much fodder but isn't appropriate for blogging. And D...who really cares about that besides me and a few close friends?
In the other 10% of my life, these non-interesting things have occured:
- I have no earthly idea how I survived without my iPod.
- A friend was playing around on my iPod a few days ago and saw my podcast list. She said, "Man, this list is so typical Rachel. It's a little bit of goofy fun (VH1's Best Week Ever Video podcast, NPR: Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me!), a little more culture (Travel Channel Features, NPR: This American life, Discovery Channel Features), and a lot of enrichment (The Clark Howard Show, Penn Radio Show, NPR: This I Believe, Motivation to Move, 60 Minutes) just like you, Rachel." Ahh, how sweet. Nerdy, but sweet. She continues, "I have to say, though, you must be the ONLY twenty-six year old that podcasts three things from NPR." I know, I know. But that's just me.
- I am partly finished with my new shoe organization system in preparation for the Great Doug Move-In:
Although it looks stupid, it saves a lot of much needed (after May) closet space. I totally stole the idea off of some MTV Cribs episode or something. I feel super dumb picking up pictures of shoes, though.
- Yes, the weight drops, but it's really rude to ask me about it constantly.
- But it doesn't really "need" to drop too much because I had to order my dress 2.5 sizes too big anyway. Why? No matter how small or fat I am, the waist on my dress will have to be let out because I have an abnormally short torso that causes all dresses to come up nearly to my neck. Ok, not really that horrible, but it is quite bad. Then, they'll have to "create" a waistline and boobs in the dress. Ugh. Why can't I just be average?
- Oops, I just quasi-talked about wedding stuff.
- Eh, what the heck. I picked up my dress today. There she hangs in a garment bag (emphasized because some of you thought that this was a wedding dress; it's a slip and bra):