Tuesday, March 11, 2008

American Experience: New Orleans (2007) = 6/10. Ahhh, Public television. I've now watched two documentaries about New Orleans and they've convinced me that there's just too much to do there for our time allotted, so we're going somewhere else.

The O.C.: Season 2: Disc 2 (2004).

Crank (2006) = 6.5/10. Very much a guy movie, but I liked it.

The O.C.: Season 2: Disc 1 (2004).


So, by now I'm sure you've all heard or read about State Representatives Sally Kern making anti-gay remarks. If not, take three minutes and sicken yourself here.

I'm not even going to spend time discussing her opinion of gays.

Here's what really confuses me. She goes into how government schools are "going after children as young as two years of age...to try to teach them that the homosexual lifestyle is an acceptable lifestyle."

Now, keep in mind that woman herself taught for nearly twenty years. Did she honestly believe that the teachers next door sat around with some mastermind "evil plan" to teach "the homosexual lifestyle" for all or even some of those twenty years?

I can tell you from experience, once being a teacher myself, being the daughter of two teachers, and now the wife of a teacher, even if that was their plan, there's just not enough time.

I'm just trying to picture my father up at the white board:

"Yes kids, that's an improper fraction...oh and don't forget, the only way IS gay."

Or my husband teaching a band class:

"This week we're only playing pieces by [insert name of a classical musical artist who is/was gay (I can't actually name any)] because gay musicians are the only good musicians. So you should be gay, too."

And really, if you thought your fellow teachers were doing this gay indoctrination thing, how on earth could you MORALLY continue to work in an environment that contradicts your beliefs so strongly?

All I can do is laugh.

1 comment:

Lavaughn Towell said...

I agree. There's no way teachers have time in elementary and secondary schools to push a gay agenda. Now in college though, ALL we do is push the gay agenda. It's FABULOUS!