Friday, May 23, 2008

Allergy meds, bottled water, and, hmmm...could I be pregnant?

The O.C.: Season 3: Disc 5 (2005).

Clerks II (2006) = 8/10. I loved this! I think I might have liked it more than the first one. However, we watched this with my brothers and Geoff's girlfriend, Jennifer. At least now I won't have to explain to them what a donkey show is when they are a tad older.


As a rule/semi-pact to myself, I try to never buy items in the checkout lane at stores. These little items are strategically placed to tempt (candy, yum!), guilt (I already read half of the magazine, now I have to buy it), or convenience (oh! I forgot I do need a Tide pen) us into buying junk we don't need. Yet, I always make sure I browse through the items in the lane.

Hands down, Walgreens beats every other store with their hearty selection of impulse items. Every time I make a trip to Walgreens, there is one impulse item that continually confuses me: a pregnancy test. Just WHO exactly goes in there to pick up her photos and stands in line looking at the generic pregnancy test thinking, "Ya know, I guess I am a little late. Perhaps I should buy one"????

No no! Everyone I know who suspected she was expecting immediately rushes to the nearest pee stick vendor, and, in addition to purchasing two pregnancy tests (just in case the first one is broken, ya know) also buys 1-2 additional items to make it look like the prospect of a baby is just as casual as purchasing Peanut Butter M&M'S. The reason for the trip is always for the pregnancy test, and I thought never simply a passive purchase or afterthought. But obviously I'm wrong since it's in the impulse lane.

No comments: