Thursday, July 24:
I get a fax at work from the Realtor telling me to give her a call. She says that GMAC is the 2nd mortgage holder and that Countrywide won't be losing any money on the contract price. She tells me that Countrywide will get a final answer back to us within 30 days. I suppose GMAC and Countrywide are going to battle it out over the next month to decide who loses the money and if they'll both accept the terms of the short sell. Whatever. Still in limbo.