Monday, September 01, 2008

Can a picture give me vertigo?


Originally uploaded by sundae1888
It's certainly not anywhere near 100% official, but Dad's in the works to fulfill a lifelong dream to hike Grand Canyon National Park. We had reservations in the summer of 2001, but at that time I was still weak from an illness the year before so we canceled it. I've listened to him fantasize about this trek since about the age of 11.

I'm currently reading up on the matter because I haven't the faintest idea how to hike. Like at all. Just reading the description of the rest-step confuses the heck outta me.

Funny enough, I have faith that I can walk 15 miles in two days. Walking/running is my favorite form of cardio. However, carrying 35 pounds on my back at 4300 ft. in June in the desert just doesn't seem possible at this point.

As I look at this picture of the South Kaibab Trail all I can possibly think is that I'm going to die.

No comments: