Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Shall we dance?

Boo! I got cancelled on tonight. I never know if that means there was a real reason to cancel or if it's really giving me the heave ho. Oh well...

I'm not quite what one might call "gifted" in the hand-eye coordination department. I mean, I was in gymnastics for about 5 years in elementary school and was at or slightly above average for the people in my level/class. I WAS coordinated and/or well-behaved enough to make it into the old version of Tulsa Ballet Threater's production of "The Nutcracker" three times, but I'm almost 100% sure that it had more to do with me being well-behaved for an hour than it did with any kind of feet shuffling skills I might have possessed.

That being said, I've always had a slight hankering to do some kind of dancing. Specifically, cotillion or ballroom dancing. THEN I watched Shall We Dance? and now I really want to learn how to dance.

And the thought process was:

I could totally take ballroom dancing at TCC which is one credit hour earned toward keeping my teaching certification current AND includes the free use of their gym for only like $70 or so, the cost of tuition. It would be like killing THREE birds with one stone. Except that despite showing a plethora of dance activities on the catalog, they aren't offering a single one this summer of fall. Bah! Maybe I'll try tennis or fencing. I'm pretty sure I'll suck at both, but it could be fun. And Amy would be happy if I did the tennis, she plays some. Someone needs to take this with me; it could be lots o' fun. And great gym membership!

Oddity: Despite the years of gymnastics, softball, and the summer of tap, I have NEVER been able to touch my toes.

No comments: