What an emotional day yesterday. Just one good thing after another.
I guess first things first. Congrats to my friend A. and her husband J., who are expecting their first baby in January. Everyone's "jazzed" as she says. And here I was telling her (and another friend that's in the process of trying to make a baby) not to freak out if it didn't happen in the exact month they wanted because your chances are something like 25% for each month. So she goes and proves me wrong and gets pregnant days after she goes off of birth control. That shows me! I seriously doubt things will be that easy for me if/when the times comes.
My mommy turned 50 on Friday, but she had to go to a funeral in Arkansas. Rather, she tried to go to a funeral but apparently to have a memorial service the mortician people want their money. Anyway...I had a surprise party for her yesterday and it went quite perfectly! We went to Paddy's first for a really late Mother's Day dinner. I had bangers & mash, partly because Maggie blogged about them. Ok, that was only about 20% of the reason. The other 80%? If you know anything about me you'd realize that there's not a chance I could miss out on eating phallic shaped sausage called "bangers." I loved the bangers but not the mash so much. I left my sunglasses on the table and realized it right as I stepped out of the door, but I was trying to get her to my place quickly so I figured I would go back and get them later on. I told Mommy that she had to come by my apartment and pick up some stuff for my brothers. She walked in the door and it was the whole "surprise" bit. Geoff took wonderful pictures of her coming in with a priceless look on her face. Ask for pic if interested. Merritt's makes a great cake, too. I had everone there tell either a funny story about Mom or one of the first memories of her. Thus, I got to hear of the very first time my dad saw my mom. Freaky voodoo stuff!
After the party, D. came over. We ran back to Patty's where she waitress told me she didn't find a pair of sunglasses. Liar! But what can ya do? This is why I only buy cheap sunglasses. Well, that and the fact that I can't fathom spending more than $50 on a pair. I would end up sitting on them and breaking them anyway. I also went back to Walgreens to return an unused package of black streamers. I'm 90% sure D. thought I was insane for driving 2 miles to get back $1.62 back on my credit card and I'm 100% sure the customer service manager was pissed, but whatever.