Thursday, July 07, 2005

Answering Machine (1/2)

I have an digital answering machine that has the capabilities of letting me listen to my messages away from home. At lunch today I decided to call it and see if anyone left me a message. I have SIX new messages! I don't know if you're anything like me, but the prospect of having 6 different people call you is a little exciting. It's almost like opening Christmas presents only on a much smaller scale. Who called me? It was either a fax or a modem. SIX times in a row. Quite annoying! In the process of trying to erase those messages, I accidentally erased my outgoing message. Now when you call my apartment you hear the sound of wooshing air followed by a beep. I think I'll keep it this way for a few weeks just to see what kind of messages I get from people. I expect things like, "I hope this is still Rachel. If it's not, then I'm going to feel dumb."

No comments: