Friday, July 29, 2005

I ain't lickin' no logs

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou = 2.25/10. That's right-I'm ranking it lower than "From Justin to Kelly." I have no idea how imdb.com users ranked it so high.

The funniest bit of advice given to me this week (and taken way out of context): "Rachel, whatever you do, NEVER NEVER NEVER bang a coconut on your head." Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! :)


Each year at this company, a particular high-ranking member of management gives calendars for Christmas gifts. For 2005 this was the calendar I received:
It's taken me this long into July and the year to realize that the July picture is that of a place called Licklog Ridge. (link goes to neat panoramic 360° thingy) HAH! What a wonder example of a redneck/Apalachian name. But a beautiful place!

Also at my company, I was given a flyer that says "Don't miss your chance/once every 6 months/CLEAROUT/used plant sale"

Once every 6 months...ya know, seems like that's a lot of words for one idea. I propose making a new word to shorten that lengthy phrase. Hmm...semiannual has a nice ring.

1 comment:

ET said...

I am now officially in love with the Blue Ridge mountains. Can I borrow your calendar at the end of the year to scan some of the photos? Seriously!