Saturday, September 24, 2005

Piano

National Treasure = 8/10. Well, that was just pretty kick butt. Despite me having wishy-washy feelings toward Nicolas Cage. Sometimes I like him, sometimes he just weirds me out.

What a sad honeymoon this will be:

Amanda Bonner*, 24; Nathan Free, 27, both of Jenks


My electric bill has consistently been about $30-$40 higher than a few others in my complex with the same or similar floorplans. I couldn't figure out why. Even if I left my computer on 24 hours a day, that should only account for around $10-$15 of the total cost. Dad suggested all of the common way to save energy (turn off comptuer, unplug unneeded appliances, etc.) Then, he asked the critical question: "When did you last change your air filter?"

Umm...never. DOH!

That might have something to do with it. Sadly, I know better.



One of my two childhood piano teachers died this week. I remember her being a very disciplined, but wonderful teacher. Her sitting room where lessons took place was an extremely formal room, smelled of something that I still cannot place, and to this day makes me think calm thoughts. She apparently taught herself to play the piano with one hand after suffering an aneurism a few years ago. I wish I could go to the funeral, but I am picking up four kiddos to go bowling. All of the mentor/mentees are gathering. I haven't had five people in my car yet; we'll see how this one turns out.

*Yeah, I know you don't pronounce it boner, but work with me here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A clogged filter will make the air conditioner work longer and less efficiently. If you want to save energy, you may want to turn your thermostat up 2 or 3 degrees(for cooling). If you do that during the day, you can leave it a 80 or 82 when you are not home and just re-adjust when you come in. Add ceiling fans in your most used areas will make the air feel cooler without making the air conditioner work more. In winter, you may want to turn the thermostat 5 degrees down (if you have electric or gas heating, you´ll save anyway) and remain fully clothed. Keep your windows, shades and curtains closed during the day. Change normal bulbs for energy saving fluorescent lights. Turn the monitor of the computer off, and leave the computer on. And the list goes on and on.

ET said...

I must have missed why the Bonner-Free honeymoon will be sad...?