Sunday, September 11, 2005

Say monkey boobs

The Merchant of Venice = ?/10. This was Doug's movie choice and was not on my to see list. It is a Shakespeare play and they didn't moderinize the language, so I didn't understand what was happening. Doug didn't, either. I fell asleep for about 10 minutes. We did, however, pick up on a couple of Shakespearean language penis references. Also, there were boobies in this movie. At least those two things are somethin'.

Last week I went to Purple Glaze with the mentee. Left if what I created; right is hers. I suck. I can't even paint a straight line and didn't even paint over my vertical yellow guide lines.



And what in the world am I supposed to do with a crappy single bud vase? Ooooh. Maybe I'll give it to Doug for his October birthday present or something. Then, he can be stuck with it. Mwa ha ha ha! At any rate, I don't really feel like I belong in an artsy place such as Purple Glaze. Maybe I should try mosaic if there is a next time. I know a girl named Nicole. She has about 10 items on display that she created at places like Purple Glaze (though probably in Texas). Her plates look way better than mine lame attempt. I guess art just wasn't my vase of tea.

Besides having the uncomfortable moment of the week, Safari's also provided me with a bit of amusement. I present to you "Male Monkey with hormonal problems (boobs)."


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything's about boobs with you isn't it!

40yr old virgin = funny (and there's boobies).

Rachel said...

Uh, no. It's not ALWAYS about boobies. Sometimes it's about cheesecake.

I only mention the boobie factor because it seems like every movie I watch (regardless of who chooses it) has bare boobs in it. Gotta have something for the guys, I guess.

Does BK rate 40YO Virgin as highly as ET does?

Anonymous said...

I won't rate it that high. It's very funny, but it's also very raunchy. So you feel guilty for having liked it. Seeing it with a group and/or theater prolly helps.

Amanda Z said...

I gotta say, 40YOV was the first movie I have seen in a while in which the boob shot didn't seem totally gratuitous and stupid. I laughed and LAUGHED at that part, mostly because Steve Carrel did such an awesome job at acting so uncomfortable and trying not to embarass the girl.
God I loved that movie.