Décalage horaire (Jet Lag) = 3.5/10. This is like Before Sunrise only set in an airport and with older characters. Pretty boring and I didn't find either character worth chasing/falling in love with. They both had way too many issues. Apparently I'm the only one that didn't like this movie because it's rated higher on IMDB.
Jeux d'enfants (Love Me If You Dare) = 6/10. The most stupid ending I've ever seen. And honestly, a pretty stupid game when you're older than 10. I'm totally convinced that the whole "if/then" scenarios I've seen in French movies has to be a French thing. This kid in the movie is in the hospital with his dying mother and he thinks to himself "If I jump two [tiles in the floor], she'll get better" and "If I jump three [tiles in the floor], she'll come home for my birthday." It must be a French thing.
Best Thanksgiving ever!* My dad's family didn't say anything mean to Doug and/or me. Although I'm sure he had urges, Doug didn't go running out of my grandma's house once he saw how redneck/unrefined our eating habits are. A few observations:
- If you have something wrong with your body that might be slightly offensive or gross to others, keep it to yourself especially when new people are present. Use extreme caution if you happen to mention your gross body malady before a big meal. This includes, but is certainly not limited to, UTI's (case in point), diarrhea, yeast infections, vomiting, body fungi, anything having to do with your bum, all feminine issues, etc. You are exempt from this rule if you are over the age of 60. We young ones just expect you to talk about your body. The cousin that mentioned she had a UTI is 16. She did this approximately 4 minutes after meeting Doug.
- You know you're in a small town when A) the only convenience store also doubles as a hunter check station, B) the convenience store sells hard-boiled eggs (or whatever other kind of eggs might be in a large glass jar for sell), C) there are two mounted deer heads in the convenience store, D) the cash register boasts a picture of an 8-point deer caught by someone.
- You know you're in a REDNECK small town when all of these things occur in the SAME convenience store.
- This cheesecake pecan pie recipe is pretty darn good. It also solves a "need" I had. You see, I love both pecan pie and cheesecake and in years past I had always thought, "It would be really good to have both of these in the same pie." Thanks, Karo syrup!
- I learned that my grandmother never names her animals real names. She currently owns cats named Tom & Yeller, and a dog named Little Feller. I encouraged my grandma to name her animals something less generic.
- Doug doesn't like turkey.
- He ate turkey at my grandma's house because he thought someone might be offended if he didn't.