The stressful part of Christmas gift giving is officially over. Doug's parents gave me a really nice set of Calphalon cookware. Apparently I can no longer get away with only having my two $9 dollar silver pots and two hand-me-down skillets (complete with non-stick surface peeling off. Probably something that will make me sick) anymore. I'm definitely inspired to be brave and cook some stuff now. First up: Giselle's fantastic super secret grilled salmon. Cooking a random meal out of a recipe book once a week will be one of my goals for next year. (Doug/Giselle: Get yer tastebuds ready for what might possibly be some nasty creations in upcoming months.)
The westward trip to Vegas and Santa Fe begins at 17:15 today. My goals for this trip:
1) See a famous person. Take a picture of/with/near famous person. Truth be told, my real goal would be for my brother to take a picture of me pirouetting behind a famous person. It would make for a much more interesting picture compared to the standard "stand beside famous person while he/she touches your shoulder" pose.
2) Buy the most tacky gift I come across in Vegas. Give to Doug.
3) Avoid breaking or losing my resplendent diamond necklace Doug gave me for Christmas. I think he felt slighted by my failure to mention this new sparkling aquisition on my postings. This necklace is the first piece of "fine/nice" jewelry I have ever owned.
4) Figure out a use for an iPod in my life. My brothers now both have one of the 60 gb video ones.
5) See a Vegas show. I've never done this before. I'm thinking of Penn & Teller or one of the Cirque shows.
6) Eat an In-and-Out burger, fries, and shake.
If an internet connection is present, I will blog during the vacation.