Saturday, April 22, 2006

Plate ≠ Cutting Board

Undertaking Betty (Plots With a View) (2002) = 8/10. This movie took four very long years to make its way to the USA on DVD. But the black comedy was definitely worth the wait. AND I learned a brand new word for sex: boff. Gotta love those...Welch?

Mysterious Skin (2005) = 9/10. This movie takes a look at the lives of two boys who were sexually abused. Graphic. Raw. It's hard for me to imagine how I might behave now had I been sexually abused as a kid. And for those of you that know me, you've probably heard me speak of my miracle daddy who saved me from the fondler next door. Other kids on the street weren't so lucky.


See my plate:



And THAT is why we don't give Rachel big knives. She accidentally breaks things. At least the resulting grilled portobello mushroom sammich was really good.

No comments: