Monday, November 20, 2006

One Less Bowl to Clean

Monster House (2006) = 6/10. I'm pretty sure this would have scared me as a kid. How can you not like a movie that features an old man yelling at kids to get off the lawn? I hate that they made the annoying kid chubby, though. Although as a child I did know some really annoying fat kids.

Rory O'Shea Was Here (Inside I'm Dancing) (2004) = 8/10. Ireland + muscular dystrophy + independence + snarky Rory. That's quite a combination. This was so realistic to what disabled people might experience, it was quite painful to watch. In fact, it was so realistic I looked up to see if the two main actors had muscular dystrophy or not.

I broke another piece of dinnerware over the weekend. This time, it was nearly justified. I had a couple of clean soup bowls on the counter drying (because I think an actual dish rack is a waste of space). I picked up one of the bowls to put in the cupboard and gave it a quick peer in to make sure there were no particles inside. Indeed, there was something inside- a small spider. I am not generally scared of spiders. I am, however, terrified of some surprises. One short "eeeaaaaaahhh" and unclenching of the fist later and I have one less bowl.

And this is why we buy the cheap Target stuff.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought Monster House was way over the top for a "children's" movie. Some bitchy woman dies in her house and the husband cements her body in. She the proceeds to haunt... I forget the specifics.

¿Perhaps cheep Target stuff is more prone to breakage?

Rachel said...

Over the top = would have scared me as a child. If you think back to most kid movies, though, some are over the top.

Target stuff might be more prone to breakage. However, I'd be willing to be that all ceramic bowls will break when let go of from a 4.5 foot height.

Anonymous said...

Yes maybe the bowls. But would fine crystal glasses explode on their own?

Rachel said...

If the fine crsstal glass are in someone else's possession, then no.

If they're in mine, who knows what might happen?