Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sexy Words On V-day

The O.C.: Season 1: Disc 4 (2003).

The O.C.: Season 1: Disc 3 (2003).

Good Luck Chuck (2007) = 5.5/10. It wasn't nearly as bad as Best Week Ever made it out to be. In fact, we both liked it a little. Plus, lots of boobs.

In the Land of Women (2007) = 6.5/10. I can't imagine what it would be like to romantically kiss two generations of a family. A little slow but I like these kind of stories.

The O.C.: Season 1: Disc 2 (2003).

Johnson Family Vacation (2004) = 1/10. Just don't.

Arctic Tale (2007) = 7/10. Really interesting footage of arctic animals. Really horrible script read by Queen Latifah.

The Red Violin (1998) = 7/10. I like interweaving tales or tales of the history of things.

Apocalypto (2006) = 9.5/10. An amazing action movie. And I don't like action movies. It was really cool to watch this one on a Blu-Ray player. Being able to freeze fight scenes and see blood spatter usually doesn't appeal to me, but it did on this movie.

The Ex (2007) = 5.5/10. I liked it, but just barely. I do love Jason Bateman, though.

License to Wed (2007) = 3.5/10. The idea was so good. The execution...not so much.

Jim Gaffigan: Beyond the Pale (2006) = 8/10. His high-pitched voice just annoys me at times, but I love that he spent nearly an hour making jokes about food.

Evening (2007) = 6.5/10. A little slow but overall a really good love story.


Ahhh...that movie list looks much better.


We celebrated V-day the night before V-day because Doug thought he had to drive to Norman for a class meeting with his professor. He ended up meeting with the professor online, so V-day was now free. And what did we do? We ended up at Wild Oats/Whole Foods. Me wearing my gifted leather jacket. I'm sure that pissed off some of the hippies that work and shop there.

Doug has this habit of purchasing a couple of specific items on impulse at any grocery store in search of something much better than he's currently eating. Meaning...we generally spend oodles of time in front of the bottles of tea and cheese so he can find BETTER tea and cheese than the tasty tea and cheese he already has. He pensively reads and rereads each label. 5-10 minutes later he finally picks something. Nearly immediately after we get in the car, he tastes what he thinks will be his newfound loved food item. He almost always gags 2 seconds later. I am amused by these cheap experiments.

V-day's grocery experiment was beef jerky. At an organic store.

His review of the jerky went like this:

OH [flapping arms].... my god!...It tastes like I licked a hobo.


In other amusing news, my parents took us to Zio's for a "banquet" hosted in our honor at the end of last month. Dad said we were celebrating 9 months of marriage. More specifically, 9 months of pregnancy-free marriage.

"Now I know for sure that you got married because you wanted to, not because you had to."

Any excuse for a free meal works for us.


I'm ready for spring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Message from Jonathan: It's better than them screaming, "Where's my grandchild?!" at you. :)

Seriously, though, I'm ready for spring too. It's 35 degrees when I leave for work, and when I go home at night, it's 70!

By the way, we try new cheese everytime we go to Whole Foods too.

Lavaughn Towell said...

Hey there! Long time no talk.

I love Jim Gaffigan. Hot pockets!