Sunday, April 20, 2008

Soak me ice now before I develop full-blown baby fever!

Mike Birbiglia: What I Should Have Said Was Nothing: Tales From My Secret Public Journal (2007) = 6.5/10. He has his moments, but overall he seems new and a little awkward. But I love his last name.

The O.C.: Season 2: Disc 7 (2004).

King Corn (2007) = 7/10. A marvelous first documentary. I was a little confused at some points. Like I wasn't really clear exactly WHY they wanted to plant corn in the first place or how they supported themselves, but the story-telling process was great. Especially the end. I don't understand why the public library has this DVD before netflix and Blockbuster. But I do know that after Fast Food Nation (the book) and a few other things that are in my life, it's getting harder and harder for me to eat anything without being disgusted.

The O.C.: Season 2: Disc 6 (2004).

Copying Beethoven (2006) = 6/10. A Doug movie. It was alright, but not quite my cup of tea.

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007) = 9/10. SUPER good! I actually didn't know the plotline of this so I was completely shocked at multiple points.

No Reservations (2007) = 4/10. This should have been much funnier than it actually was. Abigail Breslin is really growing on me, though.

Sydney White (2007) = 6.5/10. Too cute! I didn't actually get that it was a parody of Snow White until I watched the special features. Further proof that I am a living specimen of one of the 7 dorks.

I Am Legend (2007) = 7/10. I was FORCED to watch this at a high school band party. It wasn't bad, though. I mean, I could watch Will Smith run on a treadmill and do chin ups all day long.

The Heartbreak Kid (2007) = 6/10. I hadn't seen the original. But this reminds me of a few friends/acquaintances who married some douche quickly and then wondered why their marriage sucks.

Bugsy (1991) = 6/10. This was obviously a Doug's choice movie. I was pretty bored. Action/mob movies usually do bore me, though.

Stranger than Fiction (2006) = 7.5/10. I really liked it!

The O.C.: Season 2: Disc 5 (2004).

Caddyshack (1980) = 5/10. Can you believe I had never seen this? I didn't enjoy it much but I can't put it at less than 5 because that would put it in the "do not like" range. And you just can't do that with a "classic."

I went with my sister-in-law Wednesday morning for her 19 week pregnancy checkup and wow, what an exhilarating experience!

It's possible I may have seen my brothers during an ultrasound visit (I certainly remember my mother having to drink 40 ounces of water before the appointment), but to me, that doesn't really count. I was 10. Or 11.

I sat there with Gretchen's baby the third on my lap and I was completely mesmerized by the images of the tiny growing life inside. The doctor was able to confirm it was a girl, just what they need for a sex-balanced family. It will make the bedroom situation easier. Two girls, two boys. I didn't cry, but I did tear up a bit.

After the appointment, Gretchen told me, "See I just think the more you come to these, the less anxious you'll be when it's your turn."

How little she knows me sometimes!

And "my turn?" Like having a baby is akin to a ride on a swing or something.

This appointment came one day after my friends Amy and Belinda sent me new pictures of their adorable tots.

Doug and I are definitely not ready.

But I'm completely shocked that those "I want a baby NOW" feelings are beginning to appear so early in my marriage. I frighten myself.

Oh, I would really appreciate a Grand Central invite from someone. Anyone.

No comments: